What’s it like getting your legs waxed for the first time? One major advantage of leg waxing is that it provides better and longer-lasting results than shaving does. For some women, just avoiding that daily risk of nicks, cuts and razor burn that comes with using razors may be enough reason to make the switch from shaving to waxing. But once you’ve bidden your razor a not-so-fond farewell, you need to do some prep work before you can officially say hello to leg waxing.
Another major benefit of leg waxing is the amount of time it ultimately saves. After waxing, hair removal results usually last about three weeks, which means you can take shaving out of your morning routine and put that time to some other use. Besides saving time, waxing also reduces the embarrassment factor caused by stubble, with results lasting up to three weeks!
Full Leg Waxing – Our full leg waxing treatment involves removing hair from both legs and applying our soothing wax formula in strips, from the top of the thigh to the ankle. Hair removal starts from approximately two inches from the bikini line and includes the front and back of the thighs, knees, and lower legs.
Lower Leg Waxing – What a relief not to have to shave your legs so often! That’s what you get when you choose our lower leg waxing treatment. Our warm and soothing wax is applied in strips to the front and back of both of your lower legs, from the top of the knee to the ankle. Our experienced esthetician removes the strips quickly and professionally. Now you don’t have to worry about nicks and cuts. A lower leg waxing treatment is all you need.
Upper Thigh Waxing – Our upper leg waxing treatment involves hair removal from the front and back of both thighs to above the knees. After applying the wax strips, our esthetician removes them quickly to minimize your discomfort.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOUR WAXING APPOINTMENT:
- Do not remove any hair from your arm for at least 2 weeks prior to your appointment. For optimal results, it’s best that the hair is at least 1/4″ long.
- Exfoliate your arm before your appointment. We recommend an All-Natural Exfoliating Loofah, which helps to prevent and lift out ingrown hairs to give you a smoother result.
- If you have recently been sunburnt within the last 24 hours, please wait for the sunburn to heal. We cannot wax anyone who is burnt or who has been in a sun bed less than 24 hours prior to the appointment.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW AFTER YOUR WAXING APPOINTMENT:
- You cannot sun bathe less than 48 hours after your waxing appointment. The skin is sensitive after being waxed and should not be burned.
- Redness is completely normal! Any redness will subside after a couple of days.
- The benefit of waxing lies in the fact that hair grows in less and softer than before. Do not shave in between waxing appointments. When you shave after a wax, the hair grows in thicker, which makes your next wax more painful.
- Hair grows on a 28 day cycle. The Wax Shop recommends that you make your waxing appointments no more than 4 weeks apart.